- Jeffrey Whitaker (#5 DT) - Who couldn't use a 6-3 295 rock solid d-tackle? He would be a great get, but it seems like Auburn will be hard to beat. Maybe the move to the 3-4 can help sway him to come to Athens to be the centerpiece of this new defense.
- Mike Thornton (#15 DT) - I had thought Thornton was a long-shot, but I read something this morning that said he was a virtual UGA lock. Nice to hear...just hope it comes true. We really need to get at least one of Whitaker and Thornton.
- Christian Green (#7 ATH) - Green would be a great addition to an already solid receiver corp. Unfortunately, he has FSU ties and will likely sign with the Seminoles. UGA's probably playing bridesmaid on this one.
- Adrian Coxson (#35 WR) - Coxson is a solid looking receiver out of Maryland. He's not a name I've followed much, so I don't know much about him. But it looks like it's going to be another Florida / Georgia battle for his signature.
- Kadron Boone (#12 WR) - Boone is a Texas Tech commit, but he committed to Leach's wide open offense so he likely won't sign with Tech. Georgia is in the running, along with Louisville, LSU and West Virginia, but I really have no clue where he ends up.
- Marcus Lattimore (#1 RB) - I've been holding out hope we might land Lattimore, but that hope is quickly fading. We've been in it and out of it for Lattimore several times, but it looks like it will be either Auburn or South Carolina for this Duncan, SC (Byrnes) back.
- Jordan Akins (NR ATH) - Don't know much about Akins, but he's 6-3 185 and will probably be a WR. Visited UGA a couple weekends ago and has a Georgia offer in hand. Not a big splash, but could be a nice piece.
- Terrence Mitchell (#7 CB) - Mitchell is a Florida State commit and I have no reason to think he'll waiver from that. I just know UGA was at least marginally in it with him, and he seems like an explosive Branden Smith-type player so I'm keeping him on the list to make me feel better. Little to no chance we sway him to Athens.
Well, there's 8 guys that are possibilities for those last 4 or so spots. Of course, half of those guys are extremely long shots, at best. I know it's crazy to spend this much time and energy speculating on something that we'll know for sure about in less than a week, but I can't help it. This is what makes following recruiting fun. If anybody has any insight on these guys or thinks I left out someone who's looking at UGA, let me know.